Ms. Behar’s areas of practice include all aspects of Federal and State litigation with an emphasis in complex commercial litigation and business disputes. More specifically, her practice areas include cases involving alleged unfair business practices and unfair competition, professional liability defense (attorneys, insurance brokers, title agents and accountants), D&O and E&O liability, trade secret misappropriation, contract interpretation and drafting, insurance insolvency, as well as intellectual property registration, licensing and disputes. Ms. Behar also chairs the Firm’s Appellate Practice group and has successfully argued before various District Courts of Appeal in Florida.
Ms. Behar is the firm’s administrative partner, and is actively engaged is the management and administration of the office. In addition, she was on the Board of Directors of the Weston Bar Association from 2012 to 2018, is the 2019 – 2020 Chair of the Student Education and Admission to the Bar Committee of the Florida Bar, and Co-Chairs the Miami Dade Florida Association of Women Lawyer’s Law School Liaison Committee. Ms. Behar was recognized by SuperLawyers in 2018 and 2019 as a Rising Star and Top-Rated Professional Liability Attorney.
• Progressive Express Insurance Company, vs. Florida Department of Financial Services as Receiver for Aequicap Insurance Company, Patco Transport, Inc. and Tampa Bay Trucking, Inc. Case No.: 4D10-22
• DFLA, Inc., a/k/a Diana Lowenstein Fine Arts, a Florida corporation, vs. Carlos Betancourt, an individual, Studio CB, LLC, a Florida limited liability company, Joan Blackman, an individual, and International Corporate Art, Inc., a Florida corporation. Case No.: 3D12-526 LT Case No.: 10-28564-CA-05
• Asset Recovery Group, LLC vs. Cabrera, 233 So. 3d 1173 (Fla. 3d DCA 2017)
• Evensen vs. Gerstin. US District Court, Southern District. 9:17-CV-80926-RLR
• Esmailzadegan vs. Kravit, et al., US District Court, Southern District of Florida, Case 9:17-cv-81040-RLR
• Huertas Del Pino vs. Huertas Del Pino, 229 So. 3d 838 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017)
Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, 2007, J.D.
Pepperdine University College of Law, Malibu, California (visiting student), 2006
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida, M.S. International Business, 2004
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, 2002, B.A.
State of Florida, 2009
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Florida Bar, Student Education and Admission to the Bar Committee, 2016 – 2019
Florida Bar, Student Education and Admission to the Bar Committee, Chair, 2019 – 2020
Weston Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2012 – 2018
Weston Bar Association, Treasurer, 2015